OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Given the global situation with Coronavirus (Covid-19), the following information has been designed to help you understand what we at Constant Groove Dance Studio are doing and what you need to do to ensure we all work to keep our community safe at this time.
Term 2 online classes will begin on Monday 27th April 2020 and will initially run for 5 weeks to start and then reassess after this period. We have dropped our fee prices by 25% for online classes only. As shown in the timetable, troupe classes have been put on hold until further notice. However, in the meantime, we highly recommend students to keep up with their dance training, technique and strength to ensure maintenance and continuity.
By clicking on any of the Zoom Meeting links you are acknowledging and agreeing that:
The sharing of this invitation and password is strictly forbidden.
Your child participates in these online dance classes at their own risk. You understand that dance is likened to sport and, although rare, an injury may occur. Constant groove Dance Studio will not be held responsible for any injury that may occur to your child during dance class.
These zoom meetings are being closely monitored and have strict safety platforms built-in. Each class will be recorded and archived for child safety purposes.
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS (Parents please ensure your child fully understands these requirements)
- Though your teacher may be able to see you, it is not the same as a live, in-studio class. You will have to take more responsibility than usual for the safety of your space and of your movements.
- Please make sure you have at least two meters clear space around you, that the floor is clear of any objects or spills, and the surface is appropriate to dance on.
- Try to set up your screen so that it is at, or close to, eye height, and near enough to see the teacher clearly. Ensure you have the volume set high so that you can hear the instructions. If possible be lit from in front rather than behind, e.g. close curtains if dancing in front of a window. Make sure your device isn’t in danger of being knocked.
- Your sound will be on mute when you join. You will be able to hear your teachers but they will not be able to hear you. Your teachers will decide when to bring your sound on if necessary. If you have a question please raise your hand until you are noticed on the screen.
- Have a full bottle of water bottle close by.
- If an exercise or action causes sharp or sudden pain, stop immediately, apply first aid or seek help from your parents. Advise your teacher as soon as possible. Because of the online format, your actions are unsupervised by your teacher so please make your own judgments, as you know your own body better than anyone.
- Have any pets or young siblings in another space to avoid sudden tripping hazards.
- please do not go on your phone or any other devices that may distract you from class as this is disrespectful towards the teacher
Please note that the material in these class videos is copyright and has not been approved for sharing, or for third party recordings. Sharing of the classes and zoom links and passwords are strictly forbidden.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask, simply email us or give us a call today.